Gör en kommentar
Här finns möjlighet att kommentera det tillfällighetsfynd som visas nedan, exempelvis ge ytterligare information om den eller de personer som nämns. Glöm inte att ange källor för de uppgifter som du lämnar.
||Utanför Norden, Internet
||Funnet om en Ånäset-bo, som emigrerade:
Verne Westervall was born March 14, 1931, at Fargo, North Dakota, to Epoch and Anna Westervall. He attended school at Riverside #2, Blabon School, Hope High School and North Dakota State School of Science at Wahpeton, North Dakota. Verne married Rhoda Jean Paulson June 28, 1953, at Blabon Lutheran Church, Blabon, North Dakota.
Verne and Rhoda Jean have two daughters-
1. Brenda, born September 19, 1957, at Fargo, North Dakota. Brenda attended school at Hope, North Dakota State University at Fargo, and Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa. She is a music instructor in Des Moines, Iowa.
2. Jan was born October 19, 1962, at Fargo. She attends Hope High School.
Verne's father, Epoch Westervall, was born September 9, 1885 at Brande, Anaset, Sweden. Epoch came to the United States from Sweden in 1903 to the Meyers' farm at Mayville, North Dakota, where his brother was a foreman. After working near Mayville for a time, Epoch came to Steele County to work as manager on the Meyers' farm (Section 13 Riverside Township) near Blabon. The farm consisted of 2560 acres (Section 1-13-23 Riverside Township
and Section 7, Melrose Township). Many immigrants (they called them "New Comers") got their first jobs in this area working on the Meyers' farm. Epoch's brother, Uno, came to this farm from Sweden in 1909. The Meyers' farm was sold to M. L. Elkin and is still owned by that family. The Westervall brothers worked on the Elkin farm until 1917 when they rented 1280 acres of the farm which they farmed until 1941 when they purchased land of their own. Epoch bought the north half of Section 21 in Melrose Township and Uno bought the north half of Section 12 in Riverside Township. This land is now owned and operated by Verne Westervall.
Epoch was married to Anna Wold in June 1930. Anna Wold was born July 21, 1892, at Mosjoen, Norway. She came from Norway to Fergus Falls, Minnesota, at the age of nineteen. Epoch and Anna Westervall were members of the Blabon Lutheran Church, Blabon, North Dakota.
Epoch passed away December 7, 1954. Anna passed away November 28, 1975.
Uno Westervall never married. He passed away April 1961.
Submitted by Verne Westervall
||Meddelat av Bo Nordenfors 06 april 2004 kl 16:43
Gör så här för att skriva din kommentar:
- Skriv kommenteraen i den stora textruten nedan.
- Skriv ditt riktiga för- och efternamn i rutan för namn.
- Om du finns med i Forskarkatalogen kan du också ange ditt användarnamn och lösenord där, så blir ditt namn automatiskt en länk till dina forskaruppgifter i katalogen (Obs! Forskarkatalogen, inte Anbytarforum).